StopTopps_anti_drink_spiking_01_20191129_.001

Student hospitalised with life-threatening internal bleeding after her drink was spiked at a house party

The Daily Mail is reporting that a law student was hospitalised for eight days with a life-threatening internal bleeding after her Snowball drink was spiked at a house party.

Emily Haig, 20, who studies at Newcastle’s Northumbria University, believes the unidentified substance was slipped into her beverage when she wasn’t looking…

It left her so dangerously ill she spent eight days in hospital. Severe internal bleeding meant that she needed an urgent blood transfusion.

After recovering at Carlisle’s Cumberland Infirmary, Miss Haig, from Maryport, Cumbria, said: ‘The person who did this should be ashamed…

‘If people want to take drugs, that’s up to them, but they shouldn’t inflict that on somebody else. I’m lucky to be alive.’

‘I didn’t even put my drink down. Somebody dropped something into it when I wasn’t looking. Some people think it’s hilarious to do this.

‘But it’s not funny. They had no idea how I’d react. If my father hadn’t found me when he did, I would have died.’

Read more at: Law student, 20, was hospitalised for eight days with life-threatening internal bleeding after her Snowball drink was spiked at a house party

Posted in

victim of spiking?

More articles

StopTopps Devon launch

We had a crazy week last week, launching StopTopps in our home county with the help of Clara George, who's ...
Read More

Miss Devon to be the face of StopTopps

We are delighted to announce that Clara George, who’s been crowned Miss Devon for the second year running, is to ...
Read More

Sarah’s drink spiking experience

I was out with a few friends in a nightclub popular with students when it happened. I have no idea ...
Read More